Fietsemaker's Stupid Doubles Adventure

In deze forum kun je over alles wat er omtrent Dance Dance Revolution en In The Groove te maken heeft, praten en discussieren.
In this forum you are allowed to talk and discuss anything regarding Dance Dance Revolution and In The Groove.
Fietsemaker

Re: Fietsemaker's Stupid Doubles Adventure

Postby Fietsemaker » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:21 am

Fietsemaker's SDA #6: Turii -Panta Rhei- (12) - 97.87%

Title: Turii -Panta Rhei-
Artist: Zektbach
Pack: The Legend of Zim 2
Step artist: Zimlord & Fietsemaker (edit)

This episode takes a slight detour from stupid doubles and showcases a stupid singles chart. The original chart by Zimlord is a fairly standard expert 10, but I felt like I could crank it up to 12 by jamming it full of crossovers. This is the result...

There is not much to be said about this chart, except that it really has a lot of crossovers. The song starts slowly with a run of 12ths, but soon after that the speed picks up considerably at 0:34, which features a section of 16th crossovers streams at 148 BPM. Another similar section occurs at 1:05, after a brief break with regular patterns.
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:49 pm

Why did the Fietsemaker cross all the overs

Good grief though I'd like to play make an embarassing attempt on this some time lmao, any chance on seeing this in the DDRNL setup at the next event? :^)
0 x
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2018.12.22: European Pump Festival 2018
Find all rhythm game events in the Netherlands here!

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:28 pm

I'm not planning on adding this to the DDRNL song list at the moment, because it's not really accessible to most of the players. The file has three 12-rated charts (crossovers, footswitches, bracket jumps) and the original 10 from The Legend of Zim 2. If you are interested in playing it I can upload it somewhere.
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:48 pm

Oop, yeah I can understand haha.

Yeah would appreciate that, if you could ^^
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:26 am

Fietsemaker's SDA #7: The Man With The Tuxedo (10) - 96.67%

Title: The Man With The Tuxedo
Artist: Club Select
Pack: In The Groove Rebirth 2
Step artist: D. Bernardone

We're back to stupid doubles this episode, with a song from ITG Rebirth that features slow but complicated patterns. I don't really play a lot of ITG songs (both officials and rebirth), but this one caught my attention when it was featured in the Doubles Tournament Expansion R4 pack.

The most striking feature of this chart is that it's very 'wide'. The crossovers and jumps require play on both pads at the same time for pretty much the entire chart. My favorite sections include the wide jumps starting at 0:40, the short stream at 1:14, and the patterns at 1:38.
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Fri May 13, 2016 3:36 pm

Fietsemaker's SDA #8: Kurumi Ponchio (12) - 94.85%

Title: Kurumi Ponchio
Artist: Giga-P feat. Kagamine Len
Pack: Kyzentun's Krap
Step artist: Kyzentun

SDA was on hiatus for a while due to winter season followed by some technical issues with the cabinet. However, temperatures are rising again and the cabinet is back in working order, so the doubles adventure returns in full glory with Kurumi Ponchio.

The doubles chart of Kurumi Ponchio is like The Man With The Tuxedo on steroids, taking wide patterns to new extremes and throwing in some crossovers as well. The original chart by Kyzentun also featured a few hands, but those were removed in this edit because I didn't enjoy them all that much. Highlights include the 16th wide patterns at 1:09, 2:18, and the crossover patterns at 3:30.
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Fri May 13, 2016 10:38 pm

I don't know what's more ridiculous, the chart itself or the fact you managed to S+ this :lol:
Stellar stretching, reminds of a certain notorious chart in PIU known for its ridiculous stretch stream during the finale of the song :P

I couldn't see it very clearly but are your inner corners bracketless? Or what I'd rather would like to know, how easy is it to pull off bracketing on the pads? It would be nice to know concerning one of my forthcoming submissions for O.N.D.E.R. :^)
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Sun May 15, 2016 11:16 am

Thumbsy wrote:I couldn't see it very clearly but are your inner corners bracketless? Or what I'd rather would like to know, how easy is it to pull off bracketing on the pads? It would be nice to know concerning one of my forthcoming submissions for O.N.D.E.R. :^)

The inner corner brackets are indeed removed. I still find it really hard to bracket, but then again, bracketing is easily my worst ITG/DDR related skill.
0 x

Return to “Dance Dance Revolution / In The Groove”