Hommerson Funland thread

In deze forum kun je over alles wat er omtrent Dance Dance Revolution en In The Groove te maken heeft, praten en discussieren.
In this forum you are allowed to talk and discuss anything regarding Dance Dance Revolution and In The Groove.
Thumbsy

Hommerson Funland thread

Postby Thumbsy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:57 pm

A place to share everything related to Funland. Be it news, videos, experiences, etc.
All info and more links concerning the place can be found here: http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/arcad ... 84#summary

=====

Over the course of the past months, I've done a big load of work on our good 'ol SuperNOVA. To summarize, all panels are now nicely raised again and the screen looks like it's been replaced with a new one. The dust has been removed from the inner window + monitor and the monitor controls have been adjusted so that it now displays all colours correctly. For those who are familiar with the cab, the difference should be pretty bam-in-your-face amazing.
Last edited by Thumbsy on Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2018.12.22: European Pump Festival 2018
Find all rhythm game events in the Netherlands here!

TheOnlyJoey

Re: Hommerson's Funland thread

Postby TheOnlyJoey » Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:44 pm

Awesome!

the Supernova is my favourite cab, good to hear they did renovations on it, it could use it.
0 x

Thumbsy

Re: Hommerson's Funland thread

Postby Thumbsy » Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:01 pm

It definitely needed some ^^
One of my colleagues recently felt like helping out as well, and thanks to him now all lights are working again (the upper left light above the upper speaker was broken for I don't even know how long). He also cleaned and polished the parts around the lower speakers, they're now dust-free and shiny, it looks great compared to before :D

Now for something completely different, I almost forgot to share it here but this is pretty big news for the dancing game community (copied from my Facebook):
Alright, I've got some PHENOMENAL news and a very important question to all of my PIU playing friends. I've recently been made aware of the fact that Funland is open to the idea of getting A NEW DANCE MACHINE. In this case it would be the newest PIU, Pump It Up 2015 Prime. YES. PRIME. LOOK AT IT. GORGEOUS. It's a huge colorful beast with the lovely new bracketless pads that allow for better hitting of two panels with one foot. It's not 100% green-lighted yet but from what I understood, the chances are very very high.

But here's the catch. In order to get the Prime, one of our dance machines will have to leave :( considering our DDR is the only DDR we have in the area, I think it's safe to say most if not all of us agree that's out of the question. So that means we'll have to swap our Pump It Up PRO for the Prime. An old PIU for the newest PIU, I'd say it's something to consider. What do you all think? You can ask me anything about the Prime and how it'd differ from the PRO, I'll try to answer as far as I can.

0 x

Thumbsy

Re: Hommerson Funland thread

Postby Thumbsy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:16 pm

Been a good long while since I last updated here.

Significant changes (relevant to this community at least):
Our Pump It Up Pro has now received the same treatment as the DDR some time ago, panels raised and adjusted for maximum sensitivity. Bracketing has become significantly easier to do (although holding down three/four panels at the same time can still prove difficult unless you have flat and flexible soles).
0 x

Bemani BeNeLux

Postby Bemani BeNeLux » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:42 pm

Just out of curiosity, how are plans for the upgrade to PIU PRIME progressing?
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:39 pm

Bemani BeNeLux wrote:Just out of curiosity, how are plans for the upgrade to PIU PRIME progressing?

Last thing I heard (which was roughly 2 weeks ago), shipment got delayed. At that point the ETA would be 2 weeks minimum. A precise estimation couldn't be made because the time it takes for it to go through customs wasn't known. So..... judging from that, I guess it could be arriving anywhere in the next few weeks? Heck it could even arrive this week considering how vague everything is right now :shock: Even I have ran out of ways to hype at this point, I already went through all the Prime videos on Youtube that caught my attention and lurked/browsed the PIU website and other places on the internet over the course of the past months :lol: just a waiting game now
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Fri May 20, 2016 8:21 pm

If you have access to Fox on your TV, here is something noteworthy! Actually it's noteworthy either way, whether you can watch Fox live or not lol.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 0970226095

Funland will be on TV this Sunday on the upcoming episode of Inside Gamer :D the episode starts at 18:15.
Circus Zandvoort will be featured too, so that's really cool! I'll be watching the episode on the TVs at work lol, working at that time :')
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:05 am

I am fairly certain most have already seen this, but for those who haven't, Funland has had some recent renovations around the dance machine area. Now it totally looks like something you'd only expect to find in America or Mexico or something haha.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 0970226095
To summarize in words, we have an actual dedicated dance machine zone now, adorned with a special tiled floor that help keeping the pads in place much better. The album linked above is actually about the PRIME but it contains two photos showing an overview of the zone. I have heard rumors of additional decoration plans to further improve the presence of the dance zone.

And for something completely different, last Saturday we (quietly) participated in this year's Pump It Up PRIME European Cup to represent the Netherlands. Not exactly an accurate representation but hey, we can now say our country managed to take part in something as cool as this :lol
Quoting the description from the videos:
Last Saturday (2016.06.04) the Europe Pump Festival was held, an unofficial tournament open for every European country to enter. With Funland getting PRIME, the original idea was to have a real proper event at Funland complete with national qualifiers. However, in the end the PRIME turned up much much later than originally expected, and therefore I initially blew off our country's participation. However, it was still technically possible for us to join, so in the end me and a couple of friends just went with it for lulz and jumped straight into the European ranking rounds to keep the Netherlands involved. It was completely beyond our league but it was certainly fun to see how much we could make out of it :p

There were two charts for the Europe rankings to be played:
-Move That Body! S20
-Super Fantasy D21

The result:
Move That Body! S20:
Sol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wmctbhPPN8
Je Moeder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvgX6bMjp2M
Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgtL8b9TUss

Super Fantasy D21:
Je Moeder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJixjqA0-IU
Me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJM9ljEv5ao

It was hilariously disastrous, but it was an attempt if anything! The rankings will hopefully be published soon :)
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:18 pm

The final Europe rankings have been published recently: https://www.facebook.com/notes/toby-na- ... 0719898806

xD

Let's see how next year goes :p

Also, we're planning on having an after-party at Funland after Animecon this Sunday. I'm going to go for dinner at Full Moon Express after the closing ceremony (which is planned to end at 17:00). Anyone's free to tag along if they would like, it's my fav place to go out for dinner hehe.
After that on to Funland, a couple of folks have yet to see the PRIME in person so this is the perfect opportunity :)
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:45 pm

Last wednesday I happened to meet TheOnlyJoey for the first time, pure coincidence! Unfortunately, it was exactly during this visit of his that one of the panels on the SuperNOVA started acting up :oops: (it's fixed by now, tested 10 songs straight without issues). And that after months of not having to open the SuperNOVA even once, seriously :')

It may also be interesting to note that we now have a cabinet-like thing at the dance machine zone where you can place your bag/jacket, so you don't have to dump it all on the floor. Was pleasantly surprised with it as I didn't know anything about it untill I saw it for myself.

Oh and there's also this. :P
0 x

Return to “Dance Dance Revolution / In The Groove”