Circus Zandvoort thread

In deze forum kun je over alles wat er omtrent Dance Dance Revolution en In The Groove te maken heeft, praten en discussieren.
In this forum you are allowed to talk and discuss anything regarding Dance Dance Revolution and In The Groove.
Thumbsy

Circus Zandvoort thread

Postby Thumbsy » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:18 pm

A place to share everything related to Circus Zandvoort. Be it news, videos, experiences, etc.
All info and more links concerning the place can be found here: http://zenius-i-vanisher.com/v5.2/arcad ... 31#summary

=====

Was there yesterday with Mimi, my little sis and Je Moeder *cue laughter*
But the pads were crap :c so we just messed around mostly and played for spek & bonen half of the time lal
Last edited by Thumbsy on Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
=====
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2018.10.14: International Pump Fest 2018
2018.12.01: DDR-Exp v8
Find all rhythm game events in the Netherlands here!

Fietsemaker

Re: Circus Zandvoort thread

Postby Fietsemaker » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:27 pm

That video reminds me of a challenge some people and me tried a while ago. It involved playing the Limbo Dance chart by Mandodo (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrVErZhfTVM) while hanging underneath the bar. I don't think any of us actually completed it, since it is really tiring to do that for several minutes :roll:

... I might want to try it again now.
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:48 am

I couldn't even manage to endure it on this (relatively) short Basic chart :lol:
Tried playing a Beginner chart on just one leg as well (without letting the other foot touch the ground once) but that proved harder than I thought too haha.
0 x
=====

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:52 am

TL;DR: The DDR X2 is working like a charm again, ya'll should visit it and play the living heck out of it before it breaks down again ;)

Feature-length journal:
After last month's semi-fiasco, Je Moeder n I figured it'd be a good time to check out the X2 again to see if the techs managed to get it back into a proper state since we reported the issues last time. To make sure things would go okay though, we figured it'd be a good idea to inquire a few days before the visit. We originally intended to ask the staff whether it'd be alright to perform maintenenance on the machine ourselves if no tech support turned out to be present during our visit. After a few exchanges of emails and phone calls, we were given the assurance that the pads had been looked at, but even if things turned out not right, there would still be tech support present to help us out on the spot. And man am I glad that he was there when we needed him, because we did, badly.

We arrived there around 14:00, together with Je Moeder and a friend of mine. As it turned out at first, P1 side seemed alright, but P2's up and down panel were misbehaving quite a lot. Together with the tech support, I helped pointing out the problematic sensors and had them replaced with new ones. Je Moeder eventually discovered a malfunction in one of P1's panels, and those were fixed too. So now, after a couple of sensor re-arrangements and replacements, both P1 and P2 are working completely without issues. No over-responsiveness, no ghosting, no sticking, it's mint! A rare sight to behold, I can assure you that.

It was about 15:00 when everything was done and the machine was truly ready to be played on. It was golden. With the X2 being my favourite DDR I've ever played on, it was an incredible experience to finally be able to play on it again without issues. The last time I could do this was way back in 2013. A huge gap of time and skill. And oh how it showed. After quickly going through the results photos I made today, I've managed to rack in at least 21 highscores @.@ I also happened to pass my first Lv.18 chart ever, and it was a sight-read to top it off (NGO on Challenge, it was a sort of lulzy request by someone on Youtube but I didn't expect to actually pass it. I didn't even know it was a Lv.18 untill today when I browsed to the song. What a horrible chart btw lmao).

Also tried a course for the first time, picked 'dj TAKA's lounge' which consisted of 6 songs. In the 2nd or 3rd stage an airhockey puck suddenly came crashing into the machine. I quickly glimpsed down out of surprise and saw it ended up right in the middle in front of the pads, on the platform that connects them to the machine. I was still in the middle of the song, when a ~1.5 sec break came. I impulsively crouched and picked up the puck, holding it in my left hand and reaching it towards the back as I got back up again and continued playing xD I just held it there behind me with a stretched arm while continuing my combo, and after roughly 7 seconds or so someone took it. That's not something I'll forget very soon LOL.

Cramp kicked in around the 4th stage at which point I was minimizing my movement as much as possible which worked surprisingly well thanks to the lack of thick brackets and the minimal level difference between the metal and the panel. I had about 5 hours of DDR behind me at that point so it wasn't surprising to see my legs finally giving in _(:3 」∠)_ couldn't move for a while after I finally made it to the end, but I recovered fairly quickly xd

Eventually, after spending our last tokens, we decided to call it a day. It was around 21:30 at that point. Yeah. 14:00 till 21:30. Longest session I've ever had probably lol (we had dinner and short breaks in that timespan though).
0 x
=====

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:48 pm

Congrats on passing your first 18. I know there is not really an easy way to map DDRX ratings to ITG, since both games have distinct playstyles. However, if we ignore that for a second, an 18 in DDRX would be something like a 13 on ITG scale right?
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:40 pm

Thank you! (I kinda hoped Valkyrie dimension would be my first 18 tbh but oh well :P )
Disregarding playstyle as you've said, I think a DDRX 18 would be a 13 on ITG yeah. Maybe even a 12 in some cases. I'm not familiar enough with the ITG scale to make a proper estimation to be honest haha, I usually don't play anything harder than ITG 10's :')
0 x
=====

TheOnlyJoey

Postby TheOnlyJoey » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:41 am

Working DDRX2? holy shit dan moet ik maar eens langs gaan daar.
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:58 pm

Zeker doen! Mocht je in de toekomst langs zijn geweest, laat a.u.b. weten hoe het was :)
0 x
=====

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:51 pm

I'll be in Zandvoort for most of the day + evening on the 25th (next week), Je Moeder/Ghhumor will be there as well. I contacted Circus Zandvoort already to ensure the tech from last time is there so we can fix the pads together if needed. Let's see if I can rake in some more records and perhaps even some new passes previously beyond my abilities ^^
0 x
=====

Return to “Dance Dance Revolution / In The Groove”