Dutch PIU major news thread

In deze forum kun je over alles wat er omtrent Pump It Up te maken heeft, praten en discussieren.
In this forum you are allowed to talk and discuss anything regarding Pump It Up.
Thumbsy

Dutch PIU major news thread

Postby Thumbsy » Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:12 pm

News/discussion thread for everything PIU that doesn't already gets/have its own thread!
These are usually just straight copies from the #news channel in the PIU-NL Discord, smaller not-too-significant updates are not included here. Bumps will be made once new information is added~

2018.05.24 - PIU Pro at Funland patched to r5 and expanded with Encore add-on pack:
[+] SPOILER!
You as PIU-NL Discord members are hearing it first. The PIU Pro in Funland was finally patched and updated today after many years of postponement. Patch r5 and the Encore add-on pack were installed today, together bringing bug fixes, a new chart type for (nearly?) all songs, and a bunch of new songs!

(update: oops, disregard the first photo, that was before patching)

2018.06.18 - New LX cab running PRIME2 confirmed in Schiedam:
[+] SPOILER!
The news was already making its rounds but now that I got to see it for myself, I am finally sharing it here too;
A new 2018 PRIME2 LX cab has appeared, this time in Schiedam. The arcade is Sir Winston Fun & Games, located inside the Euroscoop (right next to the train station).
Everything is stock and default settings. Offline, sound fairly low (but somewhat playable). ZIv page will be made later.

2018.06.26 - PIU Pro to be removed from Funland + PIU Pro at Scheveningen Bowling:
[+] SPOILER!
Although it did not come as a shocking surprise at this point, I am nevertheless sad to announce that Funland is parting ways with its Pump It Up Pro cabinet.
I have been notified of it this morning. Its revenue has been quite terrible, in all frankness, for a long time now. A new game will be taking its place.
The cabinet will be going back to one of our local distributors, interested parties can PM me for more details. I wish for the cab to find its way back to the community somehow.
The DDR SuperNOVA and PIU Prime will remain with us for the time being.

-----

A remarkable second news item today;
Almost like a weird twist of fate, the bowling alley located in the same mall as Funland recently acquired a PIU FX cabinet running PIU Pro. I have not seen it for myself yet, but from what I have been told it is currently on free play. The button panel is broken, with several buttons missing on one player's side (perhaps the reason it was on free play)

2018.08.19 - Factory reset on PRIME at Funland, cause unknown:
[+] SPOILER!
Very unfortunate news regarding the PIU Prime cab at Funland. Due to either a technical issue or human error (we will never know for sure), the machine had been factory reset last week. It saddens me to say that all statistics and settings have been wiped, most notably all machine records that were on the game.... the only hint of the history the game has had that is left now, are the leaderboards which oddly enough have remained untouched. On behalf of Funland, I apologize for this.

2018.08.27 - Permanent price reduction PRIME at Funland:
[+] SPOILER!
2018.08.27:
:mega: PERMANENT PRICE REDUCTION :mega:
The Prime 1 cabinet at Funland has been permanently reduced to €1,- per credit! However the amount of hearts has been set to 4. Nevertheless it is still cheaper than before!
Stage break is still set to 3rd stage. If you need a top-tier cab for more risky practice without losing too much, Funland is a great place now!

2018.09.18 - SocialDeal for SW, pay €10 get €20:
[+] SPOILER!
There is currently a SocialDeal available for SW which grants a discount of 50% for €20,- worth of play (so pay 10, get 20)!
https://www.socialdeal.nl/deals/rotterd ... rotterdam/

Possibly interesting for those attending the #community-meet-20180930
Thanks to @KipYun for this tip!

2018.10.05 - Groupon deals for SW:
[+] SPOILER!
There is currently a Groupon deal for SW Schiedam! Runs until 21 December.
https://www.groupon.nl/deals/sir-winsto ... l-schiedam

There are several options, most giving you a 50% discount. However the highest tier gives you €100 worth of credit for €45!
Thank you @DX|Takamina for the headsup!

2018.11.08 - PRIME2 community maintenance at Sir Winston Fun & Games Schiedam:
[+] SPOILER!
Big news so I'm throwing an @everyone here
:tada::tada::tada: Another location added to the list of good pump spots :tada::tada::tada:
The PIU cab at SW in Schiedam has been opened up and is optimized as of today :ok_hand:
Full breakdown of work done:
- Sensitivity improvement for all panels
- Adjustment of the pad's legs so that the platform no longer wobbles and is no longer supported by the wheels (which made it slide around)
- Menu timer set to 90sec
- Sound slightly tweaked so that the bass is less overwhelming and the treble a bit better

Big thanks to @Cardi for the extra pair of hands which sped up the whole process significantly :sunglasses:
Help us show community work like this is important, would appreciate it if all of you can visit some time in the following week or two to show their cab some support!

2018.11.09 - AM.PASS for sale at SW and small PRIME2 price increase:
[+] SPOILER!
More SW news!
They have been for a while, but I personally just confirmed now with the manager as well; SW sells AM.PASSes at the counter if you ever require one. I'm not entirely sure whether all employees are aware of the cards but at the very least if you want to pick one up there, it's possible. They're €8,50. Just to clarify, they are not making profit on these, this is the price they bought them for.

Second, as of yesterday (I forgot to mention it in all the excitement of the improvements), the PRIME2 at SW has been set to €1,19. A small increase in price but still a very tight deal, especially now with the excellent state of the machine. And remember, the groupon deal is stil there!

2018.11.19 - Important notice regarding use of baby powder and similar substances on public cabs:
[+] SPOILER!
Hi pumpers!
Important announcement here that I need EVERYONE to read so please spare a moment.

It has come to my attention that some players have been applying baby powder to the public cabs (presumably without prior consent from staff). I want to emphasize that this is NOT an acceptable practice. There is no way to properly moderate usage of such substances and while I personally know there will be no abuse from you (the community), it cannot be guaranteed and even with minimal use it still presents potential slipping hazards for unsuspecting players.

This is not a call out post, there is no harm done, no bad feelings, I won't be going out warning operators either. I just wanted all of us to be on the same page now in regards to this topic. As a fellow player but also maintainer of the cabs in the area, I kindly ask you to not apply any substances that increase slipperyness. Partially to ensure the pads stay clean, but most importantly to ensure everyone's safety. If you truly insist then at least get explicit permission from staff first, but I still urge you to NOT use it regardless. If you do, make sure the pads are thoroughly cleaned and all traces removed to get them back to their original state when you're finished.

Note that in the future you will risk being removed from the premises if you do this in some locations. Please don't get yourself banned :sweat_smile:

Thanks guys!
0 x
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2018.12.22: European Pump Festival 2018
Find all rhythm game events in the Netherlands here!

Thumbsy

Re: Dutch PIU major news thread

Postby Thumbsy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:02 am

@everyone Hi pumpers!
Important announcement here that I need EVERYONE to read so please spare a moment.

It has come to my attention that some players have been applying baby powder to the public cabs (presumably without prior consent from staff). I want to emphasize that this is NOT an acceptable practice. There is no way to properly moderate usage of such substances and while I personally know there will be no abuse from you (the community), it cannot be guaranteed and even with minimal use it still presents potential slipping hazards for unsuspecting players.

This is not a call out post, there is no harm done, no bad feelings, I won't be going out warning operators either. I just wanted all of us to be on the same page now in regards to this topic. As a fellow player but also maintainer of the cabs in the area, I kindly ask you to not apply any substances that increase slipperyness. Partially to ensure the pads stay clean, but most importantly to ensure everyone's safety. If you truly insist then at least get explicit permission from staff first, but I still urge you to NOT use it regardless. If you do, make sure the pads are thoroughly cleaned and all traces removed to get them back to their original state when you're finished.

Note that in the future you will risk being removed from the premises if you do this in some locations. Please don't get yourself banned :sweat_smile:

Thanks guys!
0 x
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2018.12.22: European Pump Festival 2018
Find all rhythm game events in the Netherlands here!

Return to “Pump It Up”