DDRNL Collab Pack 1 - Song List Up! (Postponed till further notice)

Hier kun je zelfgemaakte stepfiles posten en praten over stepfile editing (audio files graag extern hosten vanwege copyright redenen).
Here you can post stepfiles you created and talk about stepfiles editing (please host audio files externally for copyright reasons).
Wastum

DDRNL Collab Pack 1 - Song List Up! (Postponed till further notice)

Postby Wastum » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:53 am

Hey there,

The idea has been floating around, so let's actually do something with it. The plan is to create a pack of customs with simfiles created by DDRNL members. The idea is pretty simple; submit your stepfiles and in the end, I will compile them all in one pack and release it all together.

The end is near and it's a little late, but I finally have the song list uploaded. You can check them in the spoiler below. I'll additional information like stepartists, difficulty spreads and all that kind of stuff when I got that all sorted out. We got a pretty solid 22 charts, and it's not bad at all. The song choices are awesome and all of them have some high potential in charting.

I will do my best to release this before DDR-Exp V3, but I can't give any guarantees for now.
Song List:
[+] SPOILER!

Original Post
[+] SPOILER!
- Singles, Doubles, Stupid Doubles and Couples are all allowed
- The pack will be designed in such a way that it will be playable on home pads, arcade cabinets and convention setups. As such, please do not submit keyboard files or anything longer than three minutes.
- If you want to step a longer song but need help cutting it down, I'll be happy to help you with that.
- You don't need to be a star in creating stepfiles. I'll be happy to fix up anything that's wrong with your file.
- I will do the final syncing in the pack, so you don't need to worry about that either.
- Simfiles with all dificulties filled out are encouraged, but not mandatory. I will fill them out in the end anyway.

You can send a link with your simfile to cf [dot] hazekamp [at] gmail [dot] com. The deadline for submitting simfiles is set at Sunday 17 Januari 23.59h. The initial release date for the pack is set at Monday 22 February, but can be subject to change.

If you have any questions, just fire them at me. Happy stepping everyone and I'm looking forward to what you guys can make!

If you have any questions, just fire them at me. Happy stepping everyone and I'm looking forward to what you guys can make!
Last edited by Wastum on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:57 pm, edited 6 times in total.
1 x

Thumbsy

Re: DDRNL Customs Pack - By and for DDRNL

Postby Thumbsy » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:16 pm

Lovely to see this idea finally taking on shapes, glad to see deadlines as well, I will have some files for this for sure :)
Does 'all difficulties' include ITG-Expert / DDR-Challenge as well? Or is it just the four first difficulties?
Last edited by Thumbsy on Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2020.xx.xx:
Find all rhythm game events in the Netherlands here!

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:25 pm

I'll see if I can join in on the fun as well, even though I have no idea what song I want to step. Maybe it's fun to use a certain theme that ties the pack together? I'm not sure what to suggest but I'm thinking along the lines of other packs such as Sharpnelstreamz, SPEEEDCOOOORE, VocaJawnz, Sexuality Violation, DOWNS, DivinElegy's Gimmick Competition, etc. that have songs with a common genre, artist, or game mechanic.
0 x

Wastum

Postby Wastum » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:23 am

Thumbsy wrote:Lovely to see this idea finally taking on shapes, glad to see deadlines as well, I will have some files for this for sure :)
Does 'all difficulties' include ITG-Expert / DDR-Challenge as well? Or is it just the four first difficulties?

Yes, all difficulties also includes Expert / Challenge charts.

Fietsemaker wrote:I'll see if I can join in on the fun as well, even though I have no idea what song I want to step. Maybe it's fun to use a certain theme that ties the pack together? I'm not sure what to suggest but I'm thinking along the lines of other packs such as Sharpnelstreamz, SPEEEDCOOOORE, VocaJawnz, Sexuality Violation, DOWNS, DivinElegy's Gimmick Competition, etc. that have songs with a common genre, artist, or game mechanic.

It's a cool idea, but for this edition, I would like to stick with 'anything goes'. The main reason is the fact that this is the first time and that I have no idea how much interest there will be for this pack and how much submissions I will receive. Already starting with a theme will put on certain restrictions that might leave some people uninterested because they have no affiliation with the chosen theme. If this project actually succeeds, I am all in for themed packs in future editions.
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:57 pm

Fair enough, keeping it simple might be best for the first time. Also, if there is anyone that has song suggestions please post them here as well. If you have a cool idea for a stepfile but you don't have time to create it or are otherwise not interested in participing, someone else can pick it up!
0 x

Wastum

Postby Wastum » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:54 pm

Thanks for all the files everyone. I shall start working on everything one of these days and maybe release a small preview pack :D
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:15 pm

Wastum wrote:and maybe release a small preview pack :D

Eeeeeeh spoilers :P I'll just wait for the full release haha

I'd be very hype to see a part of the songlist being revealed though ;)
And it'd be nice to know which chartists were involved! That's what I'm most curious about. To be honest the only people I expected were just you and Fietsemaker. So if more people than that are involved I'm looking forward to see who it may be :)
0 x
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2020.xx.xx:
Find all rhythm game events in the Netherlands here!

Power2All
Site Admin

Re: DDRNL Customs Pack - By and for DDRNL (Submissions closed)

Postby Power2All » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:07 pm

Ben benieuwd :)
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:12 pm

I'm also very curious about the results. Even if the pack is not yet ready to be released, could you give us an indication of which step artists have participated and how many charts were submitted?
0 x

Benjaboyy

Postby Benjaboyy » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:17 am

Mijn nummer net op tijd gestuurd, dus ben heel benieuwd :D :D
0 x

Return to “StepFiles”