Universal template for general Lua scripts for simfiles (.xml AND .lua)

Hier kun je zelfgemaakte stepfiles posten en praten over stepfile editing (audio files graag extern hosten vanwege copyright redenen).
Here you can post stepfiles you created and talk about stepfiles editing (please host audio files externally for copyright reasons).
Thumbsy

Universal template for general Lua scripts for simfiles (.xml AND .lua)

Postby Thumbsy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:36 pm

Something I've been working on over the course of the past weeks. A little template for both .xml and .lua that allows me to add Lua scripts to simfiles in a somewhat consistent and organized way. Both templates basically consist of two sections: one where global variables and the likes are initialized, and one that is then looped through continuously throughout the course of the gameplay.

By themselves, the templates don't do anything. The templates are accompanied by a txt file where I dumped everything I've used so far. It's not the prettiest thing to work with but for now that's just how it is. This dump contains all kinds of snippets and functions, grouped by functionality. For each snippet of script that belongs to a certain functionality, I've put comments explaining where you have to copy-paste it in the template. Wherever possible, I try to make my code n-player and editor compatible (since checking up on effects is much easier/faster when you can do it in the editor).

The latest updated version of the templates can always be found here: https://github.com/Thumbsy/ThumbsySimfi ... 20simfiles

There will definitely be mistakes or other oddities in there so if you can't get something to work while using these templates, let me know and let's see if we can figure out where things are going wrong. Also check out Jerros' Lua examples here, one of my most important functions (player-unique speed mod attacks) was realized thanks to his publishings :) there's some nice stuff there not covered (yet) in my snippets!

Finally, I'll include a version of RAVE TOOL 74 (originally released for O.N.D.E.R. 2) with rewritten Lua to serve as an example of how the template and snippets would be used. Unlike the original simfile, this version is fully compatible with all types of speed mods (but it does not force CMod players to XMod, to better serve as an example file for the template). This 'special edition' can be downloaded here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0DOB ... lQ3SFpGQ0U

I made this for myself in the first place, but if this thing is useful for anyone else that's a nice bonus!
Last edited by Thumbsy on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
=====
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2017.12.xx: ????

Power2All
Site Admin

Re: Universal template for general Lua scripts for simfiles (.xml AND .lua)

Postby Power2All » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:17 am

Nice, I could use it for my next project Speed Rawstyle mix I'm working out :)
0 x

Return to “StepFiles”