O.N.D.E.R. 2 - Submissions and Qualifiers

Hier kun je zelfgemaakte stepfiles posten en praten over stepfile editing (audio files graag extern hosten vanwege copyright redenen).
Here you can post stepfiles you created and talk about stepfiles editing (please host audio files externally for copyright reasons).
Fietsemaker

O.N.D.E.R. 2 - Submissions and Qualifiers

Postby Fietsemaker » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:19 pm

The second O.N.D.E.R. collaboration pack is finished. Once again, a big shout-out to all of you that participated in the pack. We've got tons of submissions that make heavy use of scripting and FG/BG effects, so this year will be a spicy tournament for sure!

Like last year, there is also a qualifiers pack that will be used in the seeding round of the tournament to determine the bracket. This time around the qualifier pack has 4 songs to choose from. You only have to play 2 songs of your choice in the seeding round, so feel free to practice the 2 songs you like the most and ignore the rest.

Downloads

Download: https://mega.nz/#!J8pDybLY!n10paml5rABG ... vPtADVXxd4

Download: https://mega.nz/#!tggHkSCB!xDC403EbSAcx ... _bboBxJM_o

Submissions

Badjas
1. Dance Till You're Dead Deku
2. Donald Trump Sings a Poem
3. Leprechaun

Beef
1. Ai~n!

Behy
1. He makes the coolest sounds
2. Raging Zef Boner
3. Thomas The Tank Engine

Electromuis
1. Dynasty
2. Hentai

Fietsemaker
1. MAX 225
2. Miracle 5ympho X (Extended Mix)
3. Anime Extravaganza Megamix

Jerros
1. Best Friends Forever
2. Nuclear Fusion
3. The Question - Planets Song

Kirituin
1. Clare Beijing
2. EXPLOSION!!!
3. Fetish Fever

Mimi
1. Dance To Death

NekoMithos
1. It's a puzzle
2. Oshama Scramble!

Thumbsy
1. DaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDa (Indian friendly version)
2. RAVE TOOL 74
3. We like to party

Qualifiers

1. Black Betty
2. Bubbly Time
3. Norinori Coupon
4. Secret Dial

Old post with submission guidelines:
[+] SPOILER!
Ladies and gentlemen, it is time.

I think most of you will agree that the first edition of ONDER was a great succes, so I'm pleased to announce that ONDER 2 will be happenening at some point before the end of this year. When exactly? Right now I'm not sure, but in the mean time you can all start working on those juicy simfiles to submit for the tournament. The rules are mostly the same as last year:

• Each player is allowed to submit up to three simfiles. You can submit and contribute to the tournament pack even if you're not sure if you are going to participate in the tournament.

• Per simfile, you can submit one or more charts of any difficulty. If a simfile has multiple charts, the player selecting the song decides which chart is played. If the simfile was selected randomly, the highest (non-edit) difficulty will be played.

• The simfiles must be at most 3:30. That is, the play time of any of the submitted charts cannot exceed 3 minutes and 30 seconds.

• The simfiles must not contain significant offensive material. This includes excessive profanity, sexual content, and extremely loud/obnoxious audio. I'm pretty sure this won't be a problem, but if you think your simfile might not be allowed, ask me.

• Every submitted chart must have at least 50 hittable arrows. An example of an arrow that is not hittable is one that is preceded by a negative BPM/warp. The purpose of this rule is to cut down the chances of players repeatedly tying on a song.

• The total uncompressed size of all of your three submissions combined should be no greater than 21MB. If you don't know how to compress/cut audio, ask me.

• If you want to submit a parody/edit of an existing chart, make sure you put in at least some effort. You are allowed to make parodies, but copying somebody else's chart and rearranging a few notes here and there or changing the graphics is not sufficient.

• You are allowed to use background videos, but at your own risk. The ITG cabinet doesn't have a very powerful processor, so your video may cause the game to stutter even if it runs fine on your own PC/laptop. If you want to know if the video performance is acceptable, you can ask me to test your file on the cab.

There is also a new rule this year:

• You are allowed to use lua scripting and FG/BG effects, as long as it's compatible with OpenITG beta 2. That's right, this year scripting is fully on the table. Just make sure your script only affects the current song (aka don't do anything crazy like making persistent changes to the machine settings).

Like last year, you can submit your simfiles by mailing your submission to onder.tournament (at) gmail.com or by just posting your submissions in this thread if you don't mind releasing your file right away. The current submissions are listed below.

The submission deadline is the 18th of August, 23:59.
Last edited by Fietsemaker on Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:58 pm, edited 15 times in total.
0 x

Thumbsy

Re: O.N.D.E.R. 2 - Submissions open!

Postby Thumbsy » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:41 pm

Since you published yours already I might as well too. My first submission is good to go :D

RAVE TOOL 74 (revision 2)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0DOB ... HRYaTJWT1U
0 x
=====
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2017.12.xx: ????

MimiFishStick

Postby MimiFishStick » Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:08 pm

I have a question about the tab ;w;

If someone fails will the score go to 0% immediately again? I kinda found that a shame the last tournament because the simfiles were so crazy at times that people instantly failed ;u;
0 x
Fish Sticks $1.00
[+] SPOILER!

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:44 pm

The judgment and life settings will be the same as last year, so if the simfiles are crazy then everyone will just have to practice and git gud 8-)
0 x

MimiFishStick

Postby MimiFishStick » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:50 pm

oh snap this defeats the purpose of the simfile I'm creating ;_;

Ohwell I'll make sure to submit another file that is actually playable beside that one :p
0 x
Fish Sticks $1.00
[+] SPOILER!

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:22 pm

MimiFishStick wrote:I have a question about the tab ;w;

If someone fails will the score go to 0% immediately again? I kinda found that a shame the last tournament because the simfiles were so crazy at times that people instantly failed ;u;

Didn't the score simply stop at the point where the life bar depleted? I'm pretty sure it doesn't drop to zero.

Either way, more submissions would be rad so go for it ;)
0 x
=====

MimiFishStick

Postby MimiFishStick » Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:10 pm

I used the wrong wording ;u;
I meant to say that if the lifebar drops to 0% you can't score anything anymore afterwards

But yea for now I'm just going submit this particular file for the art of existing ;w; It's more a crappy ''AMV'' with arrows now rather than a playable thing I guess LOL
0 x
Fish Sticks $1.00
[+] SPOILER!

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:51 am

Second submission incoming c:

DaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDa (Indian friendly version) [Thumbsy's ONDER2 Edit]:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0DOB ... TBOT1Q1enc

This one marks the 90th non-collab simfile I've finished :)
0 x
=====

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:26 pm

The submission deadline has been announced, make sure you get your files in before the 18th of August, 23:59.

Two of the submissions were also updated (Fetish Fever and Dance Till You're Dead Deku, both indicated with v2) and have new download links, so if you've previously downloaded those you can update (or, alternatively, simply wait until the pack release when all submissions are finalized).
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:53 pm

Thanks to Jerros pointing out a pretty silly (but game-breaking) bug, I have an updated version of RAVE TOOL 74 now:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0DOB ... 1NWUUh2N2s

Please get this one if you downloaded the simfile before.
Could you v3 the link in the first post for me Fietsemaker? ;w;
0 x
=====

Return to “StepFiles”