SM/lua + ITG/xml script templates

Hier kun je zelfgemaakte stepfiles posten en praten over stepfile editing (audio files graag extern hosten vanwege copyright redenen).
Here you can post stepfiles you created and talk about stepfiles editing (please host audio files externally for copyright reasons).
Jerros

SM/lua + ITG/xml script templates

Postby Jerros » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:30 pm

So I've been going at it for a while now, and with (lots of) help from Fietsemaker and Thumbsy I've been getting the hang of making scripted files in lua for StepMania and xml for In The Groove now.

I've uploaded some templates for typical thing one might want to do to add some spark to their simfiles. These templates by NO means dummy-proof, and will require at least sóme feeling for coding to make the most of it.

In the Template folder there are some topics with example scripts inside them. The .lua files are commented and explained. The .xml files are there to show how to do the same thing in xml. Translating from one to the other will take time, patience and practice but at least there are some examples.

Make sure to read the README files and name all files correctly, as well as paying attention to the song folder layout.

I'll try to update the templates periodically and add new examples from time to time.

Muchos creditos to Fietsemaker and his seemingly infinite patience!
Disclaimer: I am by no means a great programmer, and though the provided templates all work, I'm sure there would have been a MUCH cleaner or better way to accomplish the same results.

Download here:
https://www.mediafire.com/?7iqfppdhq2q62lf
Last edited by Jerros on Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
2 x

Thumbsy

Re: SM/lua + ITG/xml script templates

Postby Thumbsy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:06 pm

I have only very briefly looked at the SpeedMod manipulation lua but I can already see things that I have been looking for but never found out haha. On top of that, the amount of explanation that comes with the script is fantastic, thank you incredibly for the effort you've put into all this! This will certainly be of great help to me with future experiments ^^
0 x
=====
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2017.12.xx: ????

Benjaboyy

Postby Benjaboyy » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:08 pm

Awesome! very handy, i will put it on the team website ;P
0 x

Jerros

Postby Jerros » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:02 am

Updated the download link. New template added to the .zip showing how to deal with images. Loading them in an actor to your screen and stuff. : )
0 x

Jerros

Postby Jerros » Wed Jul 05, 2017 5:58 am

Updated the download link.

- Fixed an oversight that in ITG you can be player 2 without there being a player one. Fixed the templates to take that into account.
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:59 am

Cheers Jerros!

Also, here's a little something you might appreciate to know about the 'approach speed' of mods :)

The value of the approach speed represents the rate at which the mod in-/decreases the application by 100% over 1 second.
So for example, '*1 Stealth' means that the notes will go from 0% Stealth to 100% Stealth in 1 second. If the player happens to have Stealth on already at a value between 0% and 100%, the tween will finish earlier than it would when the player has no Stealth at the moment of the mod execution. So if timing is important for your mod transitions, this is something to take into account.

This is especially important in case of speed mods. I only experimented with XMods so far, where a rate of *1 means that the speed mod will tween at a speed of 1x/sec.
So for example, if you want someone's notes to go from 1x to 2x in 0.5 seconds, you'd apply *2 2x'. But if you want it to go from 1x to 3x in 0.5 seconds, you'd need to apply '*4 3x' (because with *1 it takes one second for a diference of 1x, so a difference of 2x at twice the speed means *4).

Hope that wasn't too confusing of an explanation. Let's keep sharing our findings and knowledge :D
0 x
=====
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2017.12.xx: ????

Return to “StepFiles”