ArrowVortex (DDR/ITG/PIU Stepfile Editor)

Hier kun je zelfgemaakte stepfiles posten en praten over stepfile editing (audio files graag extern hosten vanwege copyright redenen).
Here you can post stepfiles you created and talk about stepfiles editing (please host audio files externally for copyright reasons).
CND9

Re: ArrowVortex (DDR/ITG/PIU Stepfile Editor)

Postby CND9 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:45 am

Jolocaust wrote:Gotta say I'm very impressed with how intuitive this editor is. It's a lot quicker and easier to get the hang of than ddream. However, having played with bars that have column colours (no snap colours) really makes it hard to use it for charting. I've always used the editor in osu to chart because of this, on top of the lack of reverse scroll in ddream. Would you consider adding options for column specific note colours so bar people like me can use this tool instead of inferior tools like the osu editor?

Example: < and > being red, ^ and v being blue

i'd like to also request the opposite of this: alternative rhythm timing noteskins for pump

also just less ugly pump noteskins in general. have you considered switching to delta?
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:37 pm

Jolocaust wrote:Would you consider adding options for column specific note colours so bar people like me can use this tool instead of inferior tools like the osu editor?

CND9 wrote:i'd like to also request the opposite of this: alternative rhythm timing noteskins for pump

I've uploaded two new noteskins based on your suggestions. The first (bar 2) is similar to bar but with column colors. The second (pump delta) is based on the pump delta-note noteskin from Stepmania 5. I don't actually play osu/pump myself, so give me some feedback if you think these are good/need changes.

Download Link

If you add the two noteskin folders to ArrowVortex/noteskins/ then ArrowVortex will recognize them automatically and they will appear in the noteskin menu.
0 x

CND9

Postby CND9 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:16 am

Fietsemaker wrote:.

Delta-note is colored wrong. In Pro/Infinity 4th notes are blue, 8th are red.
Also would like to also get standard delta as an option.
0 x

CND9

Postby CND9 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:42 pm

more things:
when editing scroll segments AV will delete my value if value is below 1 and i don't include 0.x and instead write .x
I get that this is standard behavior in SM5 but it sucks and i wish the editor would just put in the 0 for me

fake segments are not recognized by the editor at all and will treat any notes in a fake segment as real notes
also there no way to add fake notes as far as i can tell
0 x

CND9

Postby CND9 » Mon May 01, 2017 6:39 pm

hey arrowvortex seems to not support pump routines at all. any routine i throw it at it just regresses into a fallback gamestyle
of course this also means arrow vortex does not support the non-standard 4 player routine format Infinity uses

i'd love for routines to be supported, it's a drag having to use the janky infinity ssc editor to make routines. if you're up for it i can send you some example sscs utilizing the nonstandard infinity format
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Mon May 01, 2017 7:39 pm

CND9 wrote:If you're up for it i can send you some example sscs utilizing the nonstandard infinity format

Yes, that would be helpful. Next AV update will have some big noteskin and style updates (more notekins, column colors, three panel, pop'n music, beatmania) so this is also a good time to debug some of the less commonly used styles like routine.
0 x

Jolocaust

Postby Jolocaust » Thu May 04, 2017 10:55 pm

Fietsemaker wrote:I've uploaded two new noteskins based on your suggestions. The first (bar 2) is similar to bar but with column colors. The second (pump delta) is based on the pump delta-note noteskin from Stepmania 5. I don't actually play osu/pump myself, so give me some feedback if you think these are good/need changes.

Download Link

If you add the two noteskin folders to ArrowVortex/noteskins/ then ArrowVortex will recognize them automatically and they will appear in the noteskin menu.

This is exactly what I meant. Now I can actually understand what's on screen. This will be absolutely perfect when you include different styles and colours (although I can just edit the noteskin for the time being). Thank you!
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Sat May 06, 2017 3:25 pm

Jolocaust wrote:This is exactly what I meant. Now I can actually understand what's on screen. This will be absolutely perfect when you include different styles and colours (although I can just edit the noteskin for the time being). Thank you!

Then you'll probably be pleased to hear that in the next release, there will be a view option to choose between timing colors and column colors for all available noteskins.
0 x

Jolocaust

Postby Jolocaust » Sun May 07, 2017 12:23 am

Fietsemaker wrote:Then you'll probably be pleased to hear that in the next release, there will be a view option to choose between timing colors and column colors for all available noteskins.

Very nice. Would it be possible to make some sort of colour picker instead of relying on textures for note colours? That would be very handy for both timing and column colours, should customisation be desired
0 x

jojozoli

Postby jojozoli » Sun May 14, 2017 1:48 pm

Hey! I have a problem with launching ArrowVortex on my freshly installed Windows 7.
I installed VC++redist 2013, to fix the msvcp120.dll error, but that didn't fix that. And if I have downloaded one from an external source I get the error code: 0xc000007b
Do you know what might cause it?
0 x

Return to “StepFiles”