ArrowVortex (DDR/ITG/PIU Stepfile Editor)

Hier kun je zelfgemaakte stepfiles posten en praten over stepfile editing (audio files graag extern hosten vanwege copyright redenen).
Here you can post stepfiles you created and talk about stepfiles editing (please host audio files externally for copyright reasons).
CND9

Re: ArrowVortex (DDR/ITG/PIU Stepfile Editor)

Postby CND9 » Sun May 21, 2017 7:48 am

Fietsemaker wrote:.

made a test file for Infinity 4 player routines, where can i PM you this junk?
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Sun May 21, 2017 10:07 am

jojozoli wrote:Hey! I have a problem with launching ArrowVortex on my freshly installed Windows 7.
I installed VC++redist 2013, to fix the msvcp120.dll error, but that didn't fix that. And if I have downloaded one from an external source I get the error code: 0xc000007b
Do you know what might cause it?

I'm not sure what to suggest here, other than not downloading any dll files from an external source (that is, third party sites other than microsoft.com) because of potential security risks. If the missing msvcp120.dll is indeed the issue then installing the Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013 should be the proper solution. Make sure you've install the correct files, both x86 and x64 for 64-bit Windows, and just x86 for 32-bit Windows.

Added in 1 minute 20 seconds:
CND9 wrote:made a test file for Infinity 4 player routines, where can i PM you this junk?

Just send me a PM on this forum with a dropbox link (or something similar) so I can download the files.
0 x

CND9

Postby CND9 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:41 pm

Fietsemaker wrote:Just send me a PM on this forum with a dropbox link (or something similar) so I can download the files.

see that's the thing i don't seem to have the ability to PM on this forum
0 x

Power2All
Site Admin

Postby Power2All » Tue May 23, 2017 12:08 pm

PM'ing is disabled cause of spamming.
I will enable it again when I am able to add a captcha to it.
Sorry for the inconvenience ;)
0 x

CND9

Postby CND9 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:36 pm

[quote="Fietsemaker"][/quote]
do you not have another way of sending this to you privately?
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:37 pm

You can mail it to me as well. I'm not to going to list my email here due to automatic harvesting, but if you follow the donation link in AV you'll end up at the paypal page with the correct email address.
0 x

Thumbsy

Postby Thumbsy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:48 pm

I have some feature requests again c:

1. It would be super nice to have a dialog that allows you to add a BG change (#BGCHANGES) to the simfile along with the parameters/options you can set for one. This way we can add videos or a background image change with the convenience of AV instead of manually fiddling in the simfile through a text editor (or SM/oITG editor). Actual video playback inside AV not needed of course, but it might be nice to display the bg changes for images in AV's UI if that isn't too much work to implement. Most important thing is the ability to add bgchanges either way, the rest is bonus. If this can be implemented, it would be nice if the position and options of the BG change are also made visible next to AV's notefield (just like stops and BPM changes).

2. Something that would prove very handy for me in some cases would be the ability to navigate the chart through the tempo breakdown dialog. If I could click on one of the items in the breakdown and be taken to that tempo change in the editor, it would streamline my workflow a lot :)

Cheers!
0 x
=====
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2017.12.xx: ????

kayaven

Postby kayaven » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:13 am

Hi, I have a tiny issue with this amazing editor.
I am trying to create a chart for a song which is over an hour long. When I load it in ArrowVortex, it errors "Insufficient memory to load the entire audio file". I can still play the song to some point, but after a while it gets cut off and I can't edit the chart after that point anymore. Is there some way to increase the memory limit?
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:29 am

kayaven wrote:Hi, I have a tiny issue with this amazing editor.
I am trying to create a chart for a song which is over an hour long. When I load it in ArrowVortex, it errors "Insufficient memory to load the entire audio file". I can still play the song to some point, but after a while it gets cut off and I can't edit the chart after that point anymore. Is there some way to increase the memory limit?

There are a few workarounds that decrease the memory requirements for longer songs in the current version of AV. In the long run, I'll probably have to rewrite the audio handling in AV so it doesn't require the entire audio file in memory. Here are a few things you can try:

* If the song is mp3, convert it to ogg.
    The ogg loader knows the length of the song and allocates memory for the entire file in advance. The mp3 loader does not know the length of the song, so it has to reallocate several times which requires more memory.

* If the song is stereo, convert it to mono.
    By halving the number of audio channels, the memory usage is also halved.

* Reduce the sample rate of the song.
    The sample rate of music is typically 48kHz or 44.1kHz. By lowering it to (for example) 22.05kHz the memory usage is also halved.
Once the simfile is finished you can throw away the lower quality version and replace it by the original. If after all of the above the song is somehow still too large, you can chop up the song into multiple parts and edit them individually.
0 x

Kinx

Postby Kinx » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:03 am

hey, thanks again for all your work. so i've been using av absolutely religiously for all my stepping (except for syncing hue). but i've run into a problem that isn't unique to av, so i guess this is a feature request. i've been making x-mod gimmick files with av and i noticed that it is a pain in the ass in general to readjust/delete/add bpm gimmicks after you've placed them without the the rest of the notes and BPM becoming entirely desynced, thus fucking the rest of the file and causing the author to need to manually adjust every subsequent portion of the song - BPM, notes, gimmicks, etc. is there a way you can create a feature where you can anchor both notes and bpm gimmicks to prevent something like this from happening?

also, ctrl+up/down fix pls <3

alsoalso 7k support pls <3
Last edited by Kinx on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

Return to “StepFiles”