ArrowVortex (DDR/ITG/PIU Stepfile Editor)

Hier kun je zelfgemaakte stepfiles posten en praten over stepfile editing (audio files graag extern hosten vanwege copyright redenen).
Here you can post stepfiles you created and talk about stepfiles editing (please host audio files externally for copyright reasons).
Kinx

Re: ArrowVortex (DDR/ITG/PIU Stepfile Editor)

Postby Kinx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:27 am

Fietsemaker wrote:I'm not sure what you mean, are you referring to something similar to the Level Manager in DDReamstudio?

kind of like that. it's just nice to have the option to just click on a button that creates a new chart right away when making simpler difficulties of the same chart type of the same song. shift+N as it is now def works and i can get used to it, but adding a way to make a new difficulty chart within shift+L would be a nice qol improvement.
0 x

marionintendo

Postby marionintendo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:38 pm

Greetings from the FlashFlashRevolution community!

I've been using DDReamStudio for the past 7 years (and monitoring our own DDReamStudio guide), so I'm excited to know a new editor is in development!

Just wondering: do you have an ArrowVortex guide of any sort for us to learn how to use it to its maximum potential? If you want, you could post it on our board, or I could share it on your behalf. I have yet to try out AV (I learned about it literally minutes ago), but just the fact that you're reading feedback and are actively developing is making me very optimistic.

Cheers!
1 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:43 pm

marionintendo wrote:Just wondering: do you have an ArrowVortex guide of any sort for us to learn how to use it to its maximum potential?

Unfortunately that's still a missing 'feature'. I've mainly been focused on development side of things, and since the design of the editor was (and still is) very volatile there is currently a reasonable chance that reference material like guides/video tutorials will be outdated fairly quickly. I do see that the community around AV is growing, and I am hoping that if the user base grows large enough and the design of the editor matures, some reference material will start appearing with it, but we haven't quite reached that point yet. It could be a bit optimistic of me, I don't know.
0 x

Jerros

Postby Jerros » Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:10 pm

I've said it in a chat somewhere, but just to make sure: when opening a .ssc file and then saving (ctrl-s), it will overwrite a .sm file of the same name in the same folder rather than overwriting the opened .ssc file. This causes loss-of-work when creating a new .ssc file and having a ctrl-s reflex. :?

Also to "officially" request it: the function to export a chart as a lua table. You (Fietsemaker) told me you used that function yourself already, so I imagine it's already implemented and available in the next release? :) 'Been thinking about this function and it really opens up a lot of script possibilities (including a "you can't mess with the judgement actor much in xml" problem - fixed by making your own judgement feedback based on such table <3).

Last and definitely least, the graphics of AV fail when used with older computers and older windows version (Windows 7/Vista). Text becomes unreadable black/red lines (any and all text in the editor; from BPM to beat number) and loaded background/banners will appear as grey boxes.
Also, scrolling using the scroll-wheel is incredibly slow on old systems. Just pressing spacebar and have the song play is faster than scrolling. Scrolling while the song plays actually slows down the playback speed.
Basically, try using AV on a heavily outdated system and there are a ton of graphical and performance issues lol. This isn't really an actual problem though, and I'm not suggesting to fix compatibility, just letting you know. :roll:
In the spoiler there's a screenshot where you can (or rather can't) see the banner, background, status bar and BPM display errors:
[+] SPOILER!

Ten thumbs up and a donation at the next release - it's a glorious program and helps a lot! I've switched from DDream to ArrowVortex for sure.
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:53 pm

NEW RELEASE: THE 2017-02-25 BUILD

Another year, another build. Head over to the AV site to download it: https://arrowvortex.ddrnl.com/

Benjaboyy wrote:Maybe for a update: A way to pin the menu's so when restarting the app you don't have to place them again

Added. Dialogs can now be pinned. AV will save the position and size of pinned dialogs in the settings and reopen them the next time AV is started.

Daikyi wrote:Something I noticed, when you change something from a hold->roll and vice versa, the text says the conversion happened in the wrong way (when going from holds to rolls, it says converted from rolls to hold)

Fixed. The hold/roll text is now the right way around.

Kinx wrote:is there a way for you to implement a "select all of type" feature that allows me to choose all 32nds, 48ths, 16ths, etc?

Added. You can now use the option (Notes > Select > Quantization).

Kinx wrote:also, i like the fact that there's an estimated difficulty rating on here, but it'd be even better with the ability to choose an NPS option in this feature for those, like me, who base ratings off of it.

Added. The chart dialog now shows NPS information.

CND9 wrote:Someone on the previous page mentioned it but I second the request for more fully featured SSC support. The lack of split timing is killing me because I don't want a freestyle chart to be inundated with all the stops and wacky warps of another chart I wrote.

Added. Both split timing and SM5 segments are now supported. AV does not yet have an interface to add/remove split timing from charts, but simfiles with split timing shoud now be loaded/saved correctly, and all tempo editing operations will target the correct song/step timing.

Jerros wrote:I've said it in a chat somewhere, but just to make sure: when opening a .ssc file and then saving (ctrl-s), it will overwrite a .sm file of the same name in the same folder rather than overwriting the opened .ssc file.

Fixed. AV now prioritizes the load format over the default format when saving.

Jerros wrote:Also to "officially" request it: the function to export a chart as a lua table.

Added. You can now export the current chart as a lua table (which is written to the log) by pressing ctrl + shift + e.

Jerros wrote:Last and definitely least, the graphics of AV fail when used with older computers and older windows version (Windows 7/Vista). Text becomes unreadable black/red lines (any and all text in the editor; from BPM to beat number) and loaded background/banners will appear as grey boxes.

Fixed. I've already debugged this with the help of Jerros but I'll outline the problem for the sake of other people with graphic issues. The text rendering issues appeared on systems with lack of OpenGL shader support. The BG/Banner issues appeared on systems with lack of NPOT texture support. Both should be fixed now, but if you still experience graphical issues, check the AV log and let me know if errors show up.
0 x

solistice

Postby solistice » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:44 pm

Hi !

Long story short... Back to stepmania after ... 8 years ??? ...

I tried to find one of my son's favorite song and happened to decide to do the job myself. I miserably failed with Stepmania internal editor, so i looked for an alternative and found Arrow Vortex.

All of this happened during the past 6 hours and i've just downloaded Arrow Vortex which also happened to have a new release today.

So that makes me a super Noob and you may just redirect me to the manual (which doesn't exists by the way ??).

So here is my question : @Fietsemaker, is it me or the waveform display is not working ? I was expecting something like on your web site. (I've attached a screenshot).

Thanks for your tool by the way. I may need to train myself a bit but it looks awesome !
Attachments
waveform.JPG
waveform.JPG (84.65 KiB) Viewed 741 times
0 x

Fietsemaker

Postby Fietsemaker » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:02 pm

solistice wrote:is it me or the waveform display is not working?

I should probably figure out a way to make this more clear in the editor, because the question has appeared a few times before, but you need to be in Time based mode (View > Time based) to make the waveform appear.
0 x

solistice

Postby solistice » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:06 pm

Thanks !

I think the manual is really needed :D :D
0 x

CND9

Postby CND9 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:11 pm

*sniff* it's beautiful...
thank you so much! now i can finally stop using the sm5 editor altogether, everything i need is right here!
as promised, there's 5 euros in your paypal
0 x

Benjaboyy

Postby Benjaboyy » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:43 pm

Really like the new version, no problems so far.
Future update suggestion:
- Auto update notification. so people who already have the program can choose for auto update when a new release come out, or even a auto update for the nighty builds for the people who like bug testing the most recent version.
0 x

Return to “StepFiles”