I think most of you will agree that the first edition of ONDER was a great succes, so I'm pleased to announce that ONDER 2 will be happenening at some point before the end of this year. When exactly? Right now I'm not sure, but in the mean time you can all start working on those juicy simfiles to submit for the tournament. The rules are mostly the same as last year:
- Each player is allowed to submit up to three simfiles. You can submit and contribute to the tournament pack even if you're not sure if you are going to participate in the tournament.
- Per simfile, you can submit one or more charts of any difficulty. If a simfile has multiple charts, the player selecting the song decides which chart is played. If the simfile was selected randomly, the highest (non-edit) difficulty will be played.
- The simfiles must be at most 3:30. That is, the play time of any of the submitted charts cannot exceed 3 minutes and 30 seconds.
- The simfiles must not contain significant offensive material. This includes excessive profanity, sexual content, and extremely loud/obnoxious audio. I'm pretty sure this won't be a problem, but if you think your simfile might not be allowed, ask me.
- Every submitted chart must have at least 50 hittable arrows. An example of an arrow that is not hittable is one that is preceded by a negative BPM/warp. The purpose of this rule is to cut down the chances of players repeatedly tying on a song.
- The total uncompressed size of all of your three submissions combined should be no greater than 21MB. If you don't know how to compress/cut audio, ask me.
- If you want to submit a parody/edit of an existing chart, make sure you put in at least some effort. You are allowed to make parodies, but copying somebody else's chart and rearranging a few notes here and there or changing the graphics is not sufficient.
- You are allowed to use background videos, but at your own risk. The ITG cabinet doesn't have a very powerful processor, so your video may cause the game to stutter even if it runs fine on your own PC/laptop. If you want to know if the video performance is acceptable, you can ask me to test your file on the cab.
There is also a new rule this year:
- You are allowed to use lua scripting and FG/BG effects, as long as it's compatible with OpenITG beta 2. That's right, this year scripting is fully on the table. Just make sure your script only affects the current song (aka don't do anything crazy like making persistent changes to the machine settings).
Like last year, you can submit your simfiles by mailing your submission to onder.tournament (at) gmail.com or by just posting your submissions in this thread if you don't mind releasing your file right away. The current submissions are listed below.
Update: the submission deadline is the 18th of August, 23:59
The following submissions have been accepted:
1. MAX 225
2. Miracle 5ympho X (Extended Mix)
3. Anime Extravaganza Megamix
1. Fetish Fever (v2)
1. RAVE TOOL 74
2. DaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDaDa (Indian friendly version)
1. Dance Till You're Dead Deku (v2)