[2018.12.01] DDR-Exp V8

DDRNL staat vaak op bepaalde locaties. Deze worden op dit forum gepost, en kunnen besproken worden.
DDRNL is ocassionally at certain locations. These will be posted in this board, and can be discussed further.
Thumbsy

[2018.12.01] DDR-Exp V8

Postby Thumbsy » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:11 pm

You all know what's up! Posting this thread on behalf of the DDR-Exp crew.

To quote the Facebook page:
The next installment of DDR Exp is a thing! On the first of December get your rhythm on for this awesome event. Like always we’ll fill our venue with the best of rhythm games among a broad range of categories. To name a few:
- In the groove
- IIDX
- Sound Voltex
- Jubeat
- Pop’n music
- Project diva

The theme this time round is Initial D, so get your V8 and bring it to V8! If you don't have one just get behind one of our Initial D Extreme wheels.
There will be lots of competitions to show your skill so get to training :p

So get to Games Guild on 1 December, just follow the music

Entry fee is 5 euro's at the door. Cash only!

====================
Where: The Games Guild, Alphen aan den Rijn (ingang parkeerplaats Hofzichtstraat), Concordiastraat 29, 2406 XX Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands
When: December 1st, 2018
Activity times: 9:00 - 22:00
Entry: €5, at the door, cash only
====================

Facebook event page, RSVP: https://www.facebook.com/events/722316821456470/
1 x
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2019.06.01: O.N.D.E.R. 3
Find all rhythm game events in the Netherlands here!

electromuis

Re: [2018.12.01] DDR-Exp v8

Postby electromuis » Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:11 am

0 x

Fietsemaker

Re: [2018.12.01] DDR-Exp V8

Postby Fietsemaker » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:08 am

For those who are interested in the results of the DDR heavy competition, you can view the bracket here:
https://challonge.com/ddrexpv8
0 x

Thumbsy

Re: [2018.12.01] DDR-Exp V8

Postby Thumbsy » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:45 pm

Thanks Fietsemaker!

And well done everyone, it was an enjoyable and grand event again, it's incredible how things were even grander than the previous editions!

A little bit of feedback for the event in the form of a listed summary:

The good
  • The broad and varied amount of rhythm games available for play, as always.
  • The availability of even more arcade cabs (was super cool to have the cooperation from NVGM)
  • I loved the huge IIDX setup! Was REALLY nice. Would love to see this return. Doesn't necessarily have to be with a RED, as long as there are ASC's with 1P and 2P positioning available.
  • The headphone amps that were installed on numerous cabs. It's really nice to be able to hookup your own headphones AND easily adjust the volume. Definitely hope this stays for future editions.
  • The decorations! I probably didn't even notice all of them but as far as I did, they added a fun little touch to the location both in- and outside.
  • High-quality wristbands as proof of entry. Lovely memorabilia.
  • The Taiko Switch setup! 2-player, awesome. Firm attachment to the table, awesome.
  • The VR setup with Beat Saber, didn't get to try it out myself but it looked fun
  • Many of the setups getting a nice amplifier speaker (e.g. Pump and IIDX)
  • Planning of the ITG Heavy. Opposed to previous editions, it was now nicely finished before dinner time so everyone could recharge after their efforts. I remember the times I had to jump onto the pads with a full stomach :lol:
  • The big banner with the colorfully illustrated how-to-play instructions for ITG in the main room. I thought this was a nice touch for newcomers.

Improvables
  • In the dance game room, the Taiko's drum hits were really loud and always towering above everything else volume-wise. I don't think the nuisance was too bad this time, but we may consider putting the Taiko setup 'on hold' when competitions are taking place that may suffer from the Taiko noise next time.
0 x
Events I'm attending/planning involving dancing games, feel free to join! :) :
2019.06.01: O.N.D.E.R. 3
Find all rhythm game events in the Netherlands here!

Return to “Activiteiten | Activity”