Thumbsy wrote:[*] Speaking of noise, sound volume has always been a bit of an issue as the event progresses into the evening. I think it will be interesting to start looking into a permanent solution for the bass issue with the cabinet, or perhaps route the audio through a set of external speakers next time to allow fine-tuning the equalization whenever needed during the events?
Thumbsy wrote:Despite the impressive amount of participants the tournament went buttersmooth as far as I noticed, so props! And thanks for the hosting as well as publishing all the detailed results.
I put up a bunch of random photos I made which you can find here, along with an expression of gratitude to everyone who made the event possible
So I'll just go straight to the feedback now. Bear in mind it's going to be mostly from my own perspective and experience. If you'd like to further discuss anything I'll happily continue exchanging thoughts in an effort for future improvement!
Things to consider for future events:
- I understood that at some point the stream froze because of an unnoticed PC reboot, rendering majority of the ITG light compo uncaptured. Perhaps it would be interesting to have a monitor somewhere that permanently shows the stream(s) from the public stream page, so that it'll be easy to notice whenever the stream is having issues. Could even be a tablet secured to a stand or something similar. Just so you can easily see what the end-user sees.
- A bit of feedback courtesy of Beef; the chairs could have been set up a tad bit more organized in the arcade room during the ITG heavy compo. A structured layout will help fit more seats into the relatively small space, and greatly improve the way to the fryer in the back. I'm sure the chef would appreciate it Additionally, the space previously used for the VR setup was mostly unused, perhaps the couch could have been moved a bit further towards that space to allow the single seats to be placed more efficiently.
- The air in the arcade room was a bit dank, especially during the heavy compo. The space just lacks proper ventilation and supply of fresh air. It's probably something you are aware of though and I know it's a tricky issue to tackle considering the noise pollution.
- Speaking of noise, sound volume has always been a bit of an issue as the event progresses into the evening. I think it will be interesting to start looking into a permanent solution for the bass issue with the cabinet, or perhaps route the audio through a set of external speakers next time to allow fine-tuning the equalization whenever needed during the events?
- This might be a bit of a nitpick but as the event is growing bigger and bigger with every edition, and reaching international audiences, I think it will be a nice extra to have someone proofread the bigger posts and publications made for the event (such as images and significant announcements). I noticed that sometimes posts on Facebook/forums and promotional/informational images contain spelling errors, and it just looks a little silly even if it doesn't cause any practical problems.
The awesome (just a random few notable picks because there's too many good things to mention really):
- I loved the presence of the PIU setup. And I could see others happily made use of it too. If it is feasible and Beef is able to provide it, I'd love for it to be there again next time.
- I hope you guys have those laminated entry tickets again next time (in addition to the wrist bands) because I love them, and they make for great collectibles hahah (thank you for offering me one electromuis )
- The abundance of buttons you guys gave away this time. In the ITG heavies every participant got multiple buttons even, that was pretty great.
- The scavenger hunt (hidden special edition button). I can see this turning into a fun traditional thing.
- Legit software running all around. I'm wondering how you guys experienced making it possible and whether there were any issues with running these legit alternatives. Either way I fully appreciate you guys took the effort to realize it.
Overall, it was amazing again and I'm already looking forward to the next edition
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest